Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Prayer Warning

I just wanted to post something I have learned about prayer...after over ten years. You get what you pray for! Since high school, I can remember praying for the virtue of patience. Now, I am still sometimes surprised when others describe me as "patient". I continue to dread standing in a long line or waiting on the phone...I'm so impatient. However, the way that my prayer has been answered has not been what I exactly was hoping for. I was hoping "patience" would come in a pretty, wrapped, neat package. Nice and simple. Nope. First, after praying for patience, I met my future husband in high school and ended up "waiting" two years before marriage while he served a mission for the church. Then, after marrying, I endured over three years of dealing with infertility. More waiting. Now, I have three kids under three and again find my patience is being tried in another way. It's amazing, but ironic...anyway, I am SO ranting lately on my blog. I don't think anyone reads it because there are no comments...but, that's okay. It gives me somewhere to vent, right?

5 comments:

Linda said...

I read it, but I am a nerd and read everyone's. I love it that Brooklyn thinks that Jesus needs a Mickey Mouse birthday party. Will it confuse her when Carter has one?

Losee's said...

I love reading your blog! I especially love your "kids say" section. Keep those coming!

Shannon said...

I read it...and I know exactly what you mean! I found myself NOT praying for patience anymore, because I found that I had to endure the trials necessary to receive it first :)

Anonymous said...

I actually just found out about your blog and I love it! (especially when you rant and rave and get up on the soap box... everyone needs to do that once in awhile afterall). Come see my blog!

jeredandemilytate.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I read it and I love it.

Yours is hardly rant-y. Now MINE is rant-y. :)

We missed you last night!