Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sad News

As much as I enjoy my blog as being a great forum for sharing happy news and thoughts with family and friends; it also works in the same way to share not so good news.  We found out today that I'm having a miscarriage.  Considering that I was 12 weeks pregnant, and I'm still having morning sickness, it comes as quite a shock.  
Interestingly, my situation is very similar to another friend who recently lost her pregnancy.  It's sad, I'm somewhat in shock, but it's not devastating.  I experienced another miscarriage before Brooklyn was born, and it was much harder.  At the time, I had been trying to get pregnant for over three years, and I didn't know if I could get pregnant again or carry a baby to full term.  This time, as soon as I walked though the door having come home from the doctor, Ty and Sadie as were eager and happy to see me as ever.  Ty had saved a prized piece of candy to share with me.  Sadie was all smiles.  I couldn't help but count my three beautiful blue-eyed blessings, knowing that another baby will come when in the Lord's time.  

8 comments:

Melissa said...

We're thinking of you guys. Love you!

We are 3. said...

Oh Nicki, we are thinking about you and your family. You are so optomistic to count your blessings in this time of trial.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear. If you need anything, please let me know!

Tina said...

Thanks for the Christmas card! I'm so glad I have your blog now! Sorry to hear your sad news. But thank you for sharing. I just had a miscarriage in Novemeber, I wasn't as far a long though. I had the same experience though when I came home, our little Trail came running at me smiling, I starting crying and just felt gratiful to have our two. Thanks for sharing! It is always good to feel like we aren't alone! Peace be with you! visit us at thesampsonnation.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

i'm so sorry to hear. we're thinking of you. miss you guys!

Jodee Luke said...

you are such a strong example, know that we are thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry nicki! My thoughts are with you. Lots of love, Natasha

Melinda said...

I was so sad for you when you told me today. I'm glad you feel better about it by now, when you shared it with me. Not that it's 'better', but you seem to have handled it pretty well.

Am glad to have your blog again, and to see some posts! Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I'm a lot better now, just had the blues that day!