Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Whew! Spring is officially here, I think. Mind you, spring in Wisconsin does not mean it's yet time to put away winter clothes or the snowblower; but I think it may mean that it won't be below zero again for a few months. Today, for the biggest holiday of the year (in Milwaukee) we're supposed to get up to 70 degrees. Those people who were lined up this morning at 9:30am at Mo's Irish Pub looked grateful for the warm weather. (Yes, I'm serious, and I understand that the true partiers were getting started at 6:00am when the bars downtown opened.) I don't know...maybe these folks have just been partying non-stop since Saturday with the St. Paddy's parade and stuff. I'm a Mormon stay-at-home mom. The party is always here, so I don't have to pub crawl to find it.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I am absolutely fascinated with the spring, there's no other way to describe it. I have been walking around my yard for the past couple of days marveling at all the trees and flowers and bushes that made it through the winter. It is so incredible to me, and the fact that Easter coincides with spring is no accident in my book. Enjoy the spring!

Melinda said...

With all those full bars comes accidents, too. Seriously, don't have one yourself that day...in the middle of the day it's a two hour wait at the ER...not fun. (I tripped and hurt my ankle, we ended up going to my own doc instead, got some painkillers and ice and it's fine)