Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mom Jeans -- Giving In

So, it just so happens that every time I open my closet, I think "gee, the selection here is rather bland. I so need to go shopping and get something cute...I'm really into a rut with this T-shirt thing". Yeah, truthfully, most of my wardrobe that I wear consists of inexpensive T's from Old Navy, Gap, and Target. That's not a bad thing, it's just not incredibly fun or hip. Although, I had a realization the other day when I pulled off my T-shirt; it had dirt, grass stains, Cheetos, grease, and blood stains. Yes, all from that day alone. No, none of the stains were caused my me. Guess there's a reason I'm not shopping at Ann Taylor. I would be much less nice if my kids were ruining nice clothes.
I also have given into my generation's version of mom jeans. I have been justifying to myself (for a number of years now) that indeed, the boot cut, low-rise style jeans that I have been wearing since high school are still "in"(that's not that long ago, right? I mean, they still sell them in stores). You know, they aren't Mom jeans (tapered leg, high waist etc). Um, yeah, they are. A new generation of Mom jeans...for me, it's perfectly logical and somewhat fashionable. I wouldn't wear skinny jeans unless my mom body was abducted by aliens and replaced with my former skinny high school self.
Here's one to dressing like a Mom...

No comments: