Thursday, October 18, 2007

Betty Brinn -- Outta My Mind II

Another day of insanity...why do I do this to myself? I am indeed a glutton for punishment. So, today is Thursday, my day to take the kiddies to the children's museum. Jake goes to school and it's all day mommy day so I have to do something to break up our day. We decided to go for "Tot Time", a little nursery-esque experience for babies ages 1-3. So, the session was full but I talked the teacher into letting us sit in. Not two minutes later, Ty had found a pitcher of water and spilled the entire thing on the floor. As I was cleaning up his mess, Sadie was screaming. When I got to her I found that she had a poopy diaper...all over. Cleaning that up and Ty was everywhere and into everything. While children were supposed to be sitting on little rugs on the floor, Ty had found a small table with small chairs and cups and napkins. Well, you all know what that means. Snacks. But, not now. Ty didn't get it. I had to strap him into the stroller and when he again convinced me to let him out, he ran for the teacher's stash of stuff and stole her spider puppet and later some stale popcorn and some leftover craft projects. (The other moms thought he was SO cute and absolutely HILARIOUS...I wanted to say "do you want to borrow him?" I looked so incompetent chasing him and nursing Sadie and encouraging Brooklyn to participate. Finally, it was over. We had snack and buzzed out fast enough to not have the teacher ask us to do a craft, again (she asked several times as if I had the situation under control and we could really handle making a spider while nursing a baby and chasing Ty the terrorific). Anyway, in the museum, playing, I lost Ty twice and Brooklyn once. I swear, I'm a good mom, I glanced away and they were gone. I had the humiliating experience of having to ask museuam staff to help me find Brooklyn. Since she knows better how to operate doors, elevators, etc...for all I know she had already made it to the lakefront and was feeding birds or over to US Bank and applying for a job. Ahhhh! It will be awhile before I put myself through that again. Real confidence booster, after I explained that she needs to stay by me or she'll get lost and have a new mommy; she thought that was a fabulous idea...she said "...wow, a new mommy and a new Ty and a new Sadie and a new family..." It all sounded cherry until she realized she wouldn't live in her "new house" anymore. I'm glad she loves me! Despite the headaches, I did get some cute pics that I will post. (P.S. if anyone reads this and would like to join me, I'd love to have company and a little help! Like you would actually offer knowing what the situation is!)

No comments: