So, here I am. I'm totally miffed because something is not working with the computer and I can't upload pictures. Isn't that the best part of my blog? It's my favorite part. Oh, well.
We're here. We survived our little move and I am starting to feel settled in our house. It was a rough go at first, as many of you know, since Jake got sick two days after we moved in. (But it was fun to get to meet both the paramedics and the fire department my first week in my new house). Don't worry, Jake didn't die or have a massive coronary or anything...he's fine now...it's a long story for another day.
Fall is here. Bummer. I love the fall and the changing leaves, but today I'm feeling a little short-changed. It seems like here in Wiscsonsin we went from Indian Summer to full-on Fall overnight. Don't get me wrong, I was totally enjoying the long summer and 80 degree October days; but going down into the 50's and 60's stinks. It's funny how the 50's feel so balmy in the spring and I get out and walk and take the kids out to play and as soon as it drops below 65 in the Fall, I am done with going outside and ready to board up for another long Wisconsin winter. I'm trying to think positive...
I am excited about our new house, new ward, new town, etc. Things are going well and I feel very welcome in our new ward. There seem to be a lot of other families with similar families to mine. The kids love the yard and feeding the squirrels. I love being so close to shopping and clsoer to the Children's Museum and the zoo. I miss my West Bend Ward friends and the country feel of Jackson, but overall I'm feeling really good about life and things. We're enjoying meeting our new neighbors (we practically live in a retirement community and they're excited to have a young family in the neighborhood). My next door neighbor is hilarious. He watched things like a hawk and reminds me to close my garage and keep my kids bikes in the backyard so that the boys from the hood up on Hampton don't come and haul my stuff away. He spends a lot of time looking out the window and almost always stops me when I'm walking by with the kids...."I noticed that your bike was in the front yard...some kids were riding by and looking at it, so I moved it to the back.....I was watching you when the kids were doing such and such and laughing at you....". I think it will probably kinda drive me nuts, but it's nice to know someone is looking out for me.
I enjoyed conference last weekend so much and it was a good chance to remind myself of my priorities and set some new conference goals. I usually don't do so swell, but we'll see. Conference is great because it makes me feel good about what I am doing; yet, at the same time motivates me to do better and see all the the many areas where I am lacking in my life.
Anyway, life is calling, so I guess I should go. I'm rambling again anyway and not feeling very funny, so its probably not worth reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment