Friday, January 25, 2008
Am I Being Unreasonable?
So, I have a little situation. I'm turning to my friends for their opinions so I don't make a witch of myself. Here's the scoop...on Monday afternoon (the day it snowed and snowed) before the storm I went with my mom-in-law to Kohls. Somehow, in the hecticness that is getting my kids loaded into the car, I neglected to pack up my double stroller (new, like 2 months old, paid $120 for it). I guess I assumed mom-in-law had done it...whatever. So, this morning (Friday) I realize it's totally missing. First, I assume it was stolen from my car when I went to WalMart in Kenosha on Tuesday. So, I call WalMart and get them checking security tapes; then I call the PD to just let them know (my mom worked for the PD in Provo, Ut and says things like that turn up more often than you would think). Then I call mom-in-law, and we figure it might be at Kohls. So, Friday morning, I call Kohls in Brookfield. Good news, I left it. Bad news, they gave it away! The manager let an "employee" take it home and "donate it to her church". I was astounded! He was perfectly rude as if it was insane to assume they would hold something in lost and found for at least a week. He supposedly called the "employee" to get it back; but it's gone. I'm so bugged. I called Kohls Corp. Customer Service. The DM is supposed to get back to me early next week. Girls, am I being unreasonable? I totally expect them to do something?! The manager was defensive, "it was here three days"..."there was no name on it"...the arguement being if I really missed it I would have noticed it sooner. But, duh, someone is bound to notice they are missign something that valueable. Why would you give it away after 3 days. So lame! I just want to know if you would be and what you would do. My sweet hubby thinks I should just blow it off....maybe my friends can tell me to do the same and I'll get over it and stop harrassing Kohls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No Nicki! You're not being unreasonable! In what world is it acceptable for a business to GIVE AWAY someone's personal property that was left behind? Even dry cleaners keep items ONE YEAR before they consider it free game. Three days is NOTHING. I would definitely INSIST on a reimbursement, and gift certificates to compensate for your time and fading image of Kohl's.
That's soooo wrong!
I agree with Karen. At any place that I have worked we kept things for at least a month before donating it, taking it home, whatever. It is common courtesy. It's crap and I would totally pursue it.
Again I would have to agree with everyone else. I actually think in a way that it is funny that he thought three days was so long to hold something. Too bad that you don't live in Utah or you could for sure Get Gephart (or however you spell his name) then with some publicity Kohls might change their attitude.
Post a Comment