This site is a sight of significant sorrow for Milwaukee-ans. I honestly mourn everytime I see that first flock of Canadian Geese headed south for the winter. I have never shot one of God's creations; but if I had a shotgun....not that it would make anything better. I had this awful, ironic thought this year as I've seen the geese headed for their vacation homes in sunny Florida. Geese, historically, are pretty dumb creatures. Being called a "bird brain" is an insult. However, geese are apparenly smart enough to head out-of-town to escape a Midwest winter. If a "bird brain" is smart enough to skip town, what does that make me? (No offense meant at all to the rest of you who read my blog and find yourselves in the same predictament). It's truly sad. I love fall. I love the chill in the air, beautiful crisp leaves, football season, and all else that comes WITH fall...it's just what comes AFTER Fall, and the fact that the season never lasts long enough. Wo is me!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Bird Brains
This site is a sight of significant sorrow for Milwaukee-ans. I honestly mourn everytime I see that first flock of Canadian Geese headed south for the winter. I have never shot one of God's creations; but if I had a shotgun....not that it would make anything better. I had this awful, ironic thought this year as I've seen the geese headed for their vacation homes in sunny Florida. Geese, historically, are pretty dumb creatures. Being called a "bird brain" is an insult. However, geese are apparenly smart enough to head out-of-town to escape a Midwest winter. If a "bird brain" is smart enough to skip town, what does that make me? (No offense meant at all to the rest of you who read my blog and find yourselves in the same predictament). It's truly sad. I love fall. I love the chill in the air, beautiful crisp leaves, football season, and all else that comes WITH fall...it's just what comes AFTER Fall, and the fact that the season never lasts long enough. Wo is me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so with you!!! I have no use for winter AT ALL. Fall is nice.
That was very insightful, actually. I don't think I'll call anybody "bird brain" again if I'm meaning to insult them. I would be much smarter to get out of town for the winter. All 6 months of it. But no use getting depressed now! There's the aforementioned 6 months to do that :)
Post a Comment