Monday, October 6, 2008
Pull Out the "Fat Pants"!
No, I don't have any special "fat pants" announcements. We won't be welcoming another little one home in the near future, though I will be needing those fat pants to usher in fall/winter. Some animals store up fat before winter because food is scarce. Scarcity isn't a huge problem at my house, and I tend to store up my fat during winter. This weekend alone, I baked two batches of cookies, some homemade cinnamon rolls, and a pan of apple crisp. Fortunately, it's already nearly gone (and not because I ate it all). I was careful to plan and make sure that each cooking episode involved sharing. So, technically, I'm doing my part to not only store up my own fat stores, but to help my friends out too. What is it about the cool, crisp air outside and warm cooking inside? I haven't cooked all winter. If we couldn't grill it, we didn't eat it. We've lived off of the grill and cold cereal all summer...now what? I enjoy it! Happy Fall!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment