Friday, November 7, 2008

That's All I Have to Say About That...

Actually, it's not wholly true.  I have a lot to say about the elections...but what's done is done.  But, honestly, I had to laugh tonight when I read this article on Foxnews.  Apparently, before the elections, President Elect Obama promised to get his girls a dog after the elections were over.  He has now cited the search for a dog as a "pressing issue", as his daughter is allergic to dogs and he would like to find a shelter dog (hard to find a dog in a shelter that you know what breed(s) it is so that you can avoid allergies).  Hence, the buzz!  Obama himself said that the search for a dog has generated as much traffic on his website as anything.  After all that we just went throught to elect a president, and now the people of this country have their man, and one of their biggest concerns is helping him choose a dog!  Yes, getting a dog for your family is a big issue, but seriously.  I understand that the search for a dog is a major concern for his family, but it blows my mind that we've gone what we've gone through over the past forever months to choose a president...now, the biggest concern isn't 'what is he going to do to the economy?' or 'what are his first priorities in office?'...we're all worried about what kind of dog Pres. Obama's family is going to choose.  All I can do is laugh...we live in a great country, and we are so blessed that despite all the the fact that this election got pretty nasty; and we are now looking at a historical event come inaguration day, that we are most concerned with what kind of dog Mr. President will choose.  God bless America!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Honestly ... there is no way I could possibly care any less about their dog. It is just not possible. I honestly think it is a joke every time someone writes an article about it or mentions it on the news. They're not serious - right?!!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.