Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rants N Raves

Things that bug me over the past while...things that I LOVE (sadly, some of this is old news, but I've been stewing)

RANTS
Wauwatosa garbage collectors -- taking the week after Christmas off, are you kidding? We pay so much in property taxes here. Couldn't they choose another un-garbagey week?

The ugly hair shack at the mall -- I don't know exactly what kind of styling tool they are selling, but almost every time I go to the mall, one of their salespeople (who are usually foreign and I can't understand) stops me and asks me how I do my hair (okay, admittedly, I'm usually sporting a pony and could use some hair help). The worst part is that they use their little styling doohickey and my only thought when I see their hair is 'I dunno how I do my hair, but are you selling something that will ensure that it NEVER looks like yours?'

Mayfair mall taking out the play area and replacing it with lame, expensive kiddie rides

Blogger taking away my option to create bulleted list
Spending any amount of time in a hospital, even one that claims to be #3 in the nation

People making lame comments about my kids (I love my friend's idea)

RAVES
Parking blessings -- Honestly, I am the queen of good parking. It rarely fails me that I find a great parking spot. They're just there for me. Jake is always amazed. And hey, I'm a jerk. I have three little kids, I'll take out people with canes to get my spot, cuz I totally deserve it!

Bayshore Mall's new play area

Lake FM -- this radio station in Milwaukee is my new favorite (94.5) They play everything...I've heard everything from The Beatles, The Doors, Bryan Adams, Pearl Jam, Alanis Morissette, The Cure, Jack Johnson...I'm hearing songs from high school that I haven't hear for years and they actually sound good.

Spending time at a hospital that is doing renovations and has a HUGE excavator in an area where my kids who weren't sick could watch through the window; so close you could almost touch it!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I've been a bad blog reader for a while. It was good to catch up.

I didn't know Mayfair took out their play area?!

I love your friend's idea about kid comments too!