Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can I Start Over?

I'm having one of those days that I just wish I could go to bed early, like now, in the middle of the afternoon. This morning, I found that a beautiful orange crayon had made it all the way though a wash cycle (yup, dryer too) and dyed an entire load of laundry orange. Lucky for me, I wash my clothes separately. However, Jake and the kids would miss the clothes if they had to be thrown away. So, I googled "crayon stains from dryer" and found some expensive concoction with Tide, Borax, Oxiclean, Shout, vinegar...all in quadruple doses. I think someone just tried dumping every stain-removing product that they could buy into a load and it happened to take out the crayon. We'll see what happens...we're soaking (and I still have to use my Magic Erasers to clean out the orange dryer) Ack! Kids are so expensive. I didn't have any of those laundry products...$20+ later, I guess its cheaper than replacing clothes.
Ty has it out for me today. Before he went down for a nap, he pulled off his stinky diaper and made a huge mess. I got him cleaned up and took him up to naptime, only to see that he has completely destroyed his blinds. He plays with them in the morning to see if it's time to wake up yet (he consistently decides it's "time" at 5:30am). Grrrr...good thing for my kids that Jake doesn't have school tonight, otherwise, we'd all be in trouble!

"This Is the One" Recipe--It works if you ever need to get out crayon from clothes!
2 Maximum load scoops of liquid Tide
1 Cup of Mule 20 Borax (powder)
1 Cup of Liquid Shout
2 scoops of OxyClean
1 Cup of White Vinegar

3 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

oh I'm sssooo sorry! If you need to take a little power nap my house is free for you to hide out in!

Katelin said...

Oh, no! Maybe you can look back and laugh someday, when his kids do it to him, right?! Bummer.

Becky said...

Oh, man it sounds like you have had quite a day! I can say that I think that magic erasers are one of the worlds greatest inventions. I thought it was bad when Zach decides to poop while I am trying to change him, that is nothing compared to Ty :)