I love to try new recipes. Love it. I found some awesome ones this weekend.
The first is for Alton Brown's grilled chicken. So delicious. Chickenlicious. I have never had such juicy grilled chicken. Next time, I might switch up the rub a bit to make it more me...but the cooking method was awesome. I think maybe it's the brining. I know that makes all the difference when we fried our turkeys at Thanksgiving. BONUS: Learning how to cut up a whole chicken is not fun. It totally grosses me out. In the past, I've made Jake do it. It just brings me to close to the fact that I am actually eating a bird. But doing it made me feel very Julia Child-ish. What real homemaker doesn't know how to cut apart a whole chicken?
The second recipe is from Throwdown with Bobby Flay. The recipe is from La Isla, a Cuban restaurant in Hoboken. It was a-maz-ing. The sheer amount of calories makes it a special occasions only food, but oh, what an special occasion! French toast stuffed with cream cheese and guava and strawberries; then battered in corn flakes and sliced almonds; then cooked in butter...topped with more sweet guava marmadlade deliciousness. You will probably have to venture out to a Latin/Mexican food grocery store to find the guava marmalade and guava shells; but I promise it will be worth it!
Alton Brown's "Ring of Fire Grilled Chicken"
"La Isla's Stuffed French Toast"
1 comment:
Thanks! I can't wait to try them!
Post a Comment