Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Just Might Survive

The past four weeks, I have been doing the beginning of training for my first sprint triathalon. My race is as the end of July. My biggest concern in training has been practicing swimming enough that I don't drown. This week, I also started to realize that because I am swimming in Lake Michigan, the more time I spend swimming, the more likely I get hypothermia and/or frostbite (no, I wish I was kidding). At any rate, I've recently kicked up my swimming training a bit, as that is my weak link of the race as it is. Now, for the happy news. When I signed up, my race's swim portion was 800m (1/2 mile); yesterday, I was informed that it will only be 400m (1/4 mile). I just might not die.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

That's awesome! I'm rooting for you!

Tiff said...

We are rooting for you too! You'll do great... relax and give yourself space to swim your pace and style. Justin and I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Melissa said...

Good for you Nicki! I'm SO impressed! Dave's been wanting to do a triathlon, so he's JEALOUS. Good luck!

Katelin said...

GO you!! Let us know how it goes!