So, last week I did my first open water swim in the big lake, Lake Michigan. I packed dinner and the kids and Jake came along to play on the beach. Jake, to my dismay, snapped a few pictures. As my friend put it so succinctly, "the first time I put on a wetsuit, I thought I would look like Catwoman or something..."
Hey, you too? Didn't work?! Me too!!! Apparently, not all black rubber suits have the power to transform the body of a woman who has had four kids into Halle Berry's. Man, I want a refund. The good news? Swimming in a wetsuit is like cheating...it provides a lot of extra flotation. Swimming is easier and I would have to try to drown. Better yet, I felt so tough. I think the other beach goers that were sunning on the beach and tickling their toes in the waves were surprised to see the mom with her entourage (4 kids, cooler, blanket, towels, bags, stroller, pizza etc) slip into a wetsuit and swim out into the cold, wavy waters.
3 comments:
You go girl!!! That's awesome!
Atta girl Nicki. Show em how it's done. And I hear ya on the Halle Berry. I was her as Storm from X-Men for Halloween. Weird how all black clothes, a cape, and white hair didn't exactly turn me into Halle Berry ... but it was still fun.
Nicki,
Are you doing this for fun, trainig for a tri?
Post a Comment