Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Run Like the Wind




Or maybe just run like...something else. I don't know. I am not a runner. I don't particularly enjoy running. Really, the problem is that I have short, fat legs. I am not really built for speed (I haven't figured out what I am built for other than harping on my kids). However, I loved my run. It had a feel challenging hills. I felt incredible and made much better time than I have in training. I was able to do some passing and make up for lost time on the bike. There were a few times in the race when I did get that "I want to quit" feeling...not so much on the run. The run was a big loop, so for much of the race I could hear the crowd helping us to the finish. Crowd on one end; Gatorade on the other...it was my favorite part of the race.

1 comment:

vanessa said...

I'm so impressed! Congrats! You're my hero!