Today, I was walking out of church lamenting with a friend about HOW HARD it is when your husband is gone ALL DAY Sunday and how long it feels to do Sunday alone. (Jake thought it would be fun to go to a conference in Orlando alone). And today, my friends, was a doozy. We crazy Mormons believe in 3 hours of church. At exactly 48 minutes into it today, I was ready to go home. I wish I could tell you that my intent to stay was good. I think the only reason I stayed in the end was that sacrament meeting, the meeting where all of the members meet together and I have to manage four kids on my own, was almost over. After that, the three bigger kids go to their own classes for two hours...it was worth enduring a few more minutes of managing them alone to get to have them out of my hair. Did I really say that?
Anyways, on the way out, I was whining about being "alone" today. When we got back to the car, Brooklyn said, "Mom, you were just kidding about being alone, huh, cuz you're not alone. You have four kids!" Oh, the relief, I'm not alone!
1 comment:
I am laughing so hard because I have totally done the same thing!! As torturous as sacrament mtg was, I've endured just so I get the next 2 hours of babysitting! Oh, and the spiritual uplift of Sunday School. Right.
Post a Comment