Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spreading Holiday Cheer

For a few hours over the past two days, my kids have spent time in the car while I've been making some special Christmas deliveries. I never knew that spreading holiday cheer could be so painful.

Yesterday, for example, I got lost and almost lost my patience too. Amid the conflict, Sadie was whining constantly about wanting to go home. I finally said "Sadie, I'm sorry, I'm lost and I'm unhappy too". Smarty pants replies, "but Mom, you got yourself lost" (implication: you should be able to "find" yourself). She's not entirely the sympathetic type.

Today, I got smarter about the whole gig. I discovered that pain-free Christmas cheer costs $9 and change, the cost of 2 Happy Meals and a LARGE Diet Coke.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all GOOD LUCK in these final hours before the big day!

No comments: