I wish I was a morning person. I wish I could wake up perky and happy and ready to take on the day.
I don't.
I wake up tired, grumpy, and crabby. I say things that I don't remember but I would regret if I did. Of course, I still force myself sometimes to get up early, but I usually head to the gym or out to run and clear my head before I have to be a mom.
For the sake of those who do not know my kids. Let me define "early". For me, sleeping in is 7am. "Early" is 5am. Tyler (and most of my other kids) consistently wake up "early". There are multiple rewards, incentives, bribes, and threats in place to encourage them to stay in bed until 6am. Most mornings, at least Ty gets up earlier and goes downstairs and occupries himself. We made an overly big deal about his sisters "sleeping in". We can hope.
So, the funny part...
This morning, Ty comes into our bedroom. "Dad! You're going to be so proud of me! I slept in! The girls got up when there was a 5-4-5 on the clock, but I slept in until there was a 5-4-9! Which is bigger Dad? Who slept in?!"
Ughhhh....
3 comments:
This sounds all too familiar! Grant has a very predictable day, naps, bedtime etc. but his mornings are all over the place! We've been getting extremely lucky and sleeping until 7:00! I guess he is just preparing for early morning seminary (hopefully for him, not us!)
I hear ya on the morning thing .... I can't really be pleasant until I've been up for a long time ... and even then, I'm not really THAT pleasant. Dave and the kids seriously draw straws to see who has to come and wake me up for scriptures in the morning. Ugh. Morning. Yuck. Earth should not start until 7:00 .... 8:00 in the summer.
What did you do to deserve that? :o) I actually wish I was a morning person, but since I'm not either, I'm glad early around here is 7.
Post a Comment