Thursday, February 3, 2011

Enough Already

So, we've been battling sickness at our house. I know that I am in good company. "Tis the season" so to speak. But, I just have to say...

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Last week, it all began. Everyone, including Jake and I, had pink eye. We also had three cases of the stomach flu, one sinus infection, one double ear infection, and one case of croup. Needless to say, no one around here slept much last week and I feel like my life was just a blur of puke and laundry. Ugh.
.
I started off this week feeling GREAT. Yay! We survived! Here's to a healthy week! For the first time in a week, I sent BOTH Ty and Brooklyn to school.

Then, on Monday night, Brooklyn revisited the flu. Yucky. So, she was home on Tuesday recovering. By noon, I realized that Sadie's whining and crying was maybe more than normal and I found that she had a fever.

Round two. Or not. By that night, I had Sadie's fever down and Brooklyn seemed normal again. Yesterday, we honestly enjoyed the snow day and it felt GREAT to get my sickies outside and get some FRESH air.

Feeling good, other than the fact that Jack is getting in FOUR teeth and all that brings (cranky, loss of appetite, cranky, problems sleeping). Oh, and Brooklyn was sick again last night after being healthy for almost 48 hours. I guess I'll be making a trip to the pediatrician.

Maybe we can pick up a new virus there...

3 comments:

vanessa said...

Oh that sounds terrible! You really HAVE had it all! Hang in there.

Melissa said...

Good grief! It's definitely the season....buts that's far worse than average. YUCK! Hang in there.

Melinda said...

Oooh. Hope you all feel better soon!