Friday, November 16, 2007
Girl Stuff
Hey, what is it about girls? Maybe it's just me, I don't know (I'll have to post a poll). Do you compare yourself to others? I've found for most of us, this isn't a comparison of "wow, I'm so hot compared to her" or "man, my kids may misbehave in public but I am so glad that don't act like Morton's kids". It seems that most of these comparisons make us feel worse about ourselves. I tend to notice that so-and-so has great hair, pretty makeup, is thin, has perky boobs etc., without seeing her flaws. I find myself a little plump after having a baby and wish "gosh, I wish I was thin again"...then when I lose a few pounds, I find myself saying "what happened to my boobs?! Hers are..." Anyway, am I making any sense? Then, in comparing, it's sad that I somehow sometimes find pleasure in seeing someone that I think "has it together" having a bad day. It's unfortunate for those I associate with that it makes me feel better about my life when I see that someone else has a messy house, or didn't do her makeup, or let their 3-year old dress themselves...nonetheless, I'm rambling and admitting something I'm working on. We're all on the same boat. We all have bad days...days that are kids' clothes don't match, days that the house is too messy, days that the laundry is piling up, days that it isn't worth more than a dab of mascara (if that). So, I just hope we can all be a little easier on ourselves and help each other out when we can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment