Saturday, November 17, 2007
Sibling Rivalry
So, I have my kids close together with this insane, illogical, incorrect thought that being closer in age will make them closer friends. Or not. Ty and Brooklyn are to the point that not only do they fight over the same toys, but they delight in torturing each other. For example, when Ty is getting into something and he shouldn't be, Brooklyn screams "no!" to make him cry. We of couse, have the standard argumements because they always want the same toy or both want to touch the monkeys in the book when we read the book from Grandma. Then, the other night, I had them in the tub. Brooklyn intentionally and somewhat maliciously dumped water on Ty's head. It's eye for an eye around here and when she does that to him, she knows I will dump water on her head...so I did. She came unglued! Ty thought that was pretty funny and proceeded to try to dump water on her. It was funny to watch him laughing so hard he can barely stand up in the water while Brooklyn is screaming for him to go away. He's short enough that even when the water got her, it was just on her shoulders. Ty didn't care either way, he got her to SCREAM! Funny Ty. He couldn't stop laughing! There is honestly some enjoyment (sick, I know) in watching Brooklyn get a little of what she deserves...she's picked on him for the past 21 months and now he's learning to stick up for himself a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment