Monday, November 17, 2008

We're Expecting!!!

It's pretty early to make a big announcement, but we've had several 'leaks' due to the fact that I have been terribly sick.  "Fake it 'til you make it" only goes so far, and I feel like in the past few weeks I have ended up looking flaky because I just couldn't "make it".  I'm only about 8 weeks along, and I don't know that we'll tell the kids until Christmastime.  But, I wanted to get the word out to family and friends; it's hard to start telling some and not telling others (that's dangerous).  So, I'm just making the announcement.  It's such a long time for our kids to wait, so hopefully we can keep it under wraps a little longer for them.  So, anyway, if I have "flaked out" on you in the past few weeks and given some lame excuse, please accept my sincere apologies.  We are so excited to add another little one to our family and feel so blessed (so long as I can get something to get this 'morning' sickness under control).  Seriously, who came up with the name 'morning sickness'?  It must have been a guy, 'cuz I don't think I honestly know any woman who has ever gotten sick with pregnancy that is sick only in the morning...

10 comments:

Melissa said...

We're SO excited for you! If anybody can handle four kids in four and a half years, it is YOU! Your kids are darling, why not have one more? We can't wait to see you guys ... we're down to just days in the countdown. Yeah!! Can you fit Jared and Kate and their kids in your luggage and we'll have everyone here?!!

Kati said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! Oh man, I was literally jumping up and down with excitement, that is SO awesome!!!! And I can't believe we get to see you in just of few days! Too cool!!! I'm so sorry about the sickness though, that's awful. :-( You'll have lots of help out here, come ready to get some rest!

The Laws' said...

Congrats!!!!!! I hope your "morning sickness" subsides! Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Linda said...

Congrats! I guess you just couldn't wait on me any longer! 8 weeks along? That should make me 2 weeks along if the 6 week trend continues... Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! We can't wait to meet the newest Morton!

Dad said...

Congratulations! So have you picked out a name for Her?

We are 3. said...

congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

yay--congratulations! I'm glad I can stop thinking you're flaky :) j/k. I'm with "Dad" on wanting to know what name you've got picked out. It's not too soon is it?

Ashley said...

congrats! now it is 4 under 4. you are amazing.

Katelin's family said...

Congrats again and let me know how I can help. Sorry you're sick--that's no fun! It's exciting to have some more Mortons around!! You are definitely doing your share! :o)