Friday, January 16, 2009
Poor Little Sadie Lou
So, it's almost 11:00pm and I'm blogging. We ended up with a not so great day today. This week, Sadie has had a stomach bug. It hasn't seemed to serious...we've been treating it with all the 'normal' stuff (ie: extra TV time, extra cuddling time, Gatorade, crackers, etc) She seemed to be recovering, then got really, really sick tonight. We ditched our date night, left the sitters with Ty and Brooklyn and headed to the ER at Childrens' Hospital. After lots of waiting and questions and more waiting and questions...the doctor decided to admit her for a few days. She's such a little girl as it is, losing 2 lbs. when you only weigh 19 is a pretty big deal. Fortunately, they agree with me (I should have a PhD) that she just has a run of the mill stomach virus. Our other kids haven't even picked it up, so it isn't serious. Unfortunately, little Sadie just doesn't have it to lose, and so they want her to spend a few days in the hospital to get her feeling better so that she can absorb nutrients and get healthy again. In the meantime...I'm going crazy. Jake wanted me to come home and sleep tonight, but I'm so sad about my baby. So, here I am, blogging and checking my email. I could do something worthwhile, like read a book, but I'm just not there right now...I'm feeling okay...the on call pediatrician that I had to speak to before taking her to the ER was a huge jerkface, he'll be hearing from a mean mama bear on Monday. However, the care at the local Childrens' Hospital is great; it's one of the best hospitals in that nation. Rather than the dope from the peditricians office that chewed me out, they could see that we had done everything we could to nurse our little girl back to health. I'm discouraged, it's such a setback with everything we've done with her weight. But I'm hoping she'll put it back on faster this time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry Nicki. Poor little Sadie! I wish I could be there to give you all hugs!! That is so tough. And so awful that on top of everything you had to deal with a mean doctor. That is just ridiculous!! I'm glad you have a good hospital and good people taking care of you. You are all in my prayers!
Oh this just breaks my heart. Hang in there, let me know how I can help.
Post a Comment