Sunday, January 18, 2009

We're Home




Sadie was discharged from the hospital this afternoon.  I'm grateful that we had a great place to get her back to her spunky self...it was so hard to watch such a spitfire get to the point of absolute exhaustion and sickness.  After making it through the ER and admitting, she was still awake at about 11:00pm when they were getting her into her room.  While usually Sadie puts up quite the fight, Jake said she laid in the bed completely motionless and speechless while they checked her vitals etc...so sad to see her lose her 'tude and have her not pushing docs away and telling them, 'all done'.  She is much, much better after her time there.  She's eating and drinking again and pretty much back to her old self, as are we.  Whew!  You know that old wives tales about these kind of bad things coming in threes?  Sure hoping it's not true after this and my miscarriage...hospitals are not a fun place to hang out!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

She's adorable, even not feeling good. I'm SO glad she's better, and that she's home. And I hope you're done with hospitals for a while, too!

Kati said...

I'm so glad she's doing better!!! That was probably the hardest part, seeing her not care if anyone touched her. That's just not Sadie! So grateful she's back home! And let's hope that Old Wives tale isn't true, stay away from the hospital!

Melanie said...

We are so glad that she is home and feeling better. I am sure she will be in the middle of things real quick. Take care!