Friday, February 27, 2009

Help!

Jake and I have enjoyed making yearly slideshows of our family. However, I've never found software that I love. I made the first one with some free trial online (I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't fabulous). Then I bought Photoshop Premiere Elements, which is some of the least user-friendly software I have ever used. I'm just not patient enough to figure it out and it seems like it has way more functionality than I need. I recently tried Smilebox, which I really liked, but ti didn't have as much functionality as I would like. I just want a slideshow with photos and a few video clips; with our own music. Maybe if someone could show me what I'm doing or if I took a class I could figure out Photoshop. Does anyone have something they like using?

3 comments:

Becky said...

I don't know how helpful this will be but it seems no one else has said anything so I guess something is better than nothing :) While at Utah State I used both i movie and i dvd. I loved both programs! They were fun and easy to use. The big drawback is of course you have to have a mac (although if you have a new one it comes with the program). I have been looking for a similar program myself and happen to stumble upon movie making software that comes with windows vista. It looks a lot the i dvd, but I haven't had the time to really look at it. I haven't wanted to get my hopes up because if I like it it will be the first and only thing I like about windows vista. Good luck and let me know what you find!

Unknown said...

Picasa has a video program. It's super easy. It's pretty basic, but if that's what you're looking for, it's pretty good. Add your pictures, add your music, done!

Laurie said...

When I'm not looking to do something complex, I use Windows Movie Maker. It comes on Vista and XP (but they're definitely different versions). On Vista there's a separate program it switches to if you're wanting to make a DVD with chapters, menus etc. I don't think that's on XP, but here's a link to the XP version if you want to download it/see more or how to burn to DVD: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
Good luck!