Saturday, April 4, 2009

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lion






We survived March! Unfortunately, in Wisconsin, the promise of lamb-like weather is vain. I just realized tonight, while Jake is at Priesthood, how much catching up I have to do on blogging. So, here's our March, in a nutshell. I feel guilty wasting my life away on the computer, while Jake is out being spiritually nourished...but, hey, we all have to make sacrifices...this isn't about me or relaxing, it's about preserving the history of my family (relaxing and ignoring the messy house is a perk!)
Pictures recap: (I don't think I'm organized to have these in the same order as the pics, I know my readers are sharp)
Trip to the firehouse for preschool--Ty is so into this stuff, we had a blast!
Brooklyn dressed up (and quite beautifully toothless) for a tea-party
Saying "hello" to the Easter Bunny at the mall (it's like Santa, I don't really want to see him, but if I don't, he might not bring me anything)
Brooklyn and Sadie reading together
Playgroup at "Generations at Play"--the kids loved spending time with friends and the huge place filled with toys that no one could lay claim to. Mark this as the first play group ever in my entire motherhood that I've actually been able to enjoy the socializing aspect of playgroup (for Brooklyn's first few summers, I still remember going home in tears from several playgroups...all the time and effort to get out the door, and I'd always find myself chasing her and not getting the time with other moms that I so desperately needed) Hooray for milestones!

5 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

I love all the cute pictures, you're such a fun mom!

Melissa said...

Cute pictures! You always have such fun things planned. I'm sure your kiddos love it!

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how often I sraight out GIIGGLE over the Kids say comments. You are all so funny!

Becky said...

I am glad that I checked your blog today! Thanks for all the updates :)

Katelin said...

Lots of updates--fun!! We had a great time Friday, John keeps talking about the snakes, and I need to remember to blog about how he already knew all the moves of that Tai Chi place. Kids--oh, mine do the exact same thing with the black and white thing, and they mean the persons' shirt, too. I don't know what to do about it. Oh, well.