Friday, July 10, 2009

More than one way to....

Eat a watermelon...
I bought a watermelon with seeds this week (it was on sale, of course). For $2.50, I figured the kids might enjoy learning to eat a watermelon with seeds. I mean, honestly, us "old folks" didn't know anything different as kids...this seedless watermelon business took all the fun out of eating watermelon.
Brooklyn meticulously picks out all the seeds from her watermelon, before proceeding to eat them (them, as in the seeds)
Tyler sloppily picks out most of the seeds from his watermelon, then places them in his mouth so he can practice spitting them out like Mommy. He's not too good at it and most of them just dangle on his lips until he wipes his mouth.
Sadie would eat the whole thing...fruit, seeds and rind if I'd let her.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha ha! That's cute. Maybe you should let Sadie eat it all - does watermelon rind have calories? Ha ha! Good hear from you. I hope you're surviving!

Katelin said...

That is funny! My kids freak out if the "seedless" has a few of the white seeds, and I'm sure the regular kind would really freak them out. I'll have to try it. :o)

Unknown said...

You are a genius. I think I need to get one of those old-fashioned phones (the kind with a CORD) so my kids will know what that is and what a normal ring sounds like. Ahh, the rising generation...