Thursday, July 9, 2009

Still Alive...

It's been awhile since I got up to posting on my blog. We're alive...we're just enjoying summer too much to blog. I have an awesome garden and the yard looks pretty good overall (it's taken some work, and I'm still growing an incredible variety of weed species) The kids are loving the summer and all that comes with it. Ty is learning to ride his new bike and Brooklyn has quickly taken to not having training wheels. We've had a trip to Utah; and had an awesome 4th of July here at home. (I love the 4th of July...almost as much as Christmas). I am gardening and doing some reading (yeah, if you catch me at the park I still can be found with a book/magazine in hand, although I must be delusional because I've yet to read while the kids play). We're just trying to get out and have some time with friends and to enjoy the beautiful sunshine (while it lasts). Jake is in school for the next few weeks, and then we'll have a break for almost two months. I'm not sure who's more excited, him or me. I should treat him to a fishing trip or something, but I think for the first few weeks, he'll just be saving my sanity by playing with the kids. I hope to post more later, I can always hope for rain. I guess it just kills me when I have a few minutes to sit and the computer (without the distraction of three screaming kids) to sit and blog...I'll catch up. After all, in Milwaukee, we have 13 1/2 months of winter every year.

1 comment:

Katelin said...

I've been wondering how you were doing since the trip, but I keep forgetting to call. Should we get together sometime this week?