Sunday, July 26, 2009

Survivor

So, Jake has been out of town since Thursday...we're on a steady downhill slide at this point. I'm so tired I can't see straight.
For the last two days, Ty has woken up at 4:30 am. He's perky and ready to roll. His room has blackout blinds and a white noise machine. I've given him a clock and strict instructions to not leave his room before 6:00. I've tried to get him to sleep with me in my bed. Nothing. Tonight, I'm going to try moving Brooklyn into Sadie's room and leaving Ty in his own room (with a child gate on the door so he can't leave his room). Is that unbearably mean? Because Ty has been up at 4:30, I've been pretty much up at that time the last two days (as if being a single mom isn't hard enough). This morning I left him downstairs and went down a few minutes later to find him sitting on the floor eating Buffalo Wing flavored Doritos and strawberries.

4 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

mmm...breakfast of champions! I'm so sorry Nicki! I don't think you are a horrible mother at all, hang in there! Please call me and I can take the kiddos for a little while so you can rest. Honestly.

Melissa said...

Oh Nicki! I'm so sorry!!! That is seriously horrible. I'm all for the child gate thing. We once switched Austin's bedroom door to a doorknob with a lock ON THE OUTSIDE! So don't feel bad about a harmless gate. Any child up before 7:30 is dead meat around here. I don't know how you do it.

Melanie said...

I am totally in support of the child gate. Ty will totally survive and I think it's a great idea to put him in his own room. Hang in there, this early rising will come in handy if he becomes a marathon runner or something like that.

Katelin said...

Seriously, how do you do it? There has got to be a way to get him to sleep some more, but it sounds like you've tried all the things I can think of. I feel tired just thinking about being awake that early. Sorry!