You know when you were a kid, and you misbehaved, and your mom used to say "I hope, one day, when you grow up, that you will have a child JUST LIKE YOU!" Let me just say, in all fairness, this is not a fair statement for mothers to make to SONS. For one day, it will not be your son that will pay the price of your curse, but your sweet daughter-in-law (yeah, the one who willingly took that son off of your hands). I just happen to know someone who is currently bemoaning her current situation, in having to raise a child that is just like her husband.
Today, as I was working on fixing dinner, Brooklyn and Ty were behind me in the dining room. Brooklyn said, "Mom, Ty is playing with the knives! (butter knives, thankfully). Ty then said "No Mom, I'm playing my violin!" As I turned around to confiscant the knives, he was standing with two knives in hand. His eyes were quietly closed and his head was cocked, as he was carefully drawing one knife upon the other, as a bow upon a string. I can't laugh, it will just make it worse!
4 comments:
Hahahaha, that's hilarious!! Sorry that you have a son just like my brother. Good luck with that...
Ha ha! That is a very Jake-like thing to say I'm afraid. Ty is TOO cute! I hear what you're saying Nicki - I've got a couple little Dave's running around here too ... NOT FAIR! Dave's mom gets this funny little twinkle in her eye when she sees them acting up ... and come to think of it, so does my mom. Weird.
Ahhh! I am totally with you on the mother's cursing sons thing, as I have several,sometimes 5 Jasons running around. Although he assures me that he broke a lot more things than our boys have so far.
I hear you loud and clear, sista!! What have we gotten ourselves into? :o)
Post a Comment