Friday, July 2, 2010

Butterfly Kisses






Last Saturday morning, we woke to this. Sunday, the third butterfly emerged. The last one was "born" on Monday. For my kids, it was fun to have a pet for a few weeks. Now we're having to have more serious talks about real pets. For me, it was a truly spiritual experience. It reminded me how amazing the processes of nature and the creations of God truly are. Watching bitty caterpillars change into magnificent butterflies in just two weeks was incredible. I couldn't help but think, "if little caterpillars have follow their divine design and turn into butterflies...perhaps I can do better in my life to improve myself if I depend a bit more on Gods' help." What a great experience!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

What a cool thing for the kids! (And for you, obviously!) Next time you do that, take us with you!!! I know my girls would've loved to do that.

Kati said...

That is so cooool!!! Wow! I want to find some caterpillars now...