
I couldn't have done it without my crew. My kids were a big part of my inspiration. They thought I was superwoman for doing this, I had big shoes to fill. Also, Jake is to be credited. He was constantly encouraging when I was training and thought I wanted to quit. Seriously, it happened a lot initially. I signed up for my race just 2 months after having Jack because I was enjoying my spinning class. I thought "hey, I like to bike; I can run...I'll figure out swimming". "Figuring out swimming" involved getting a trainer with me at the pool at the YMCA; it involved talking to lots of triathletes; it involved buying a wetsuit; I had to take an open water swimming class; I had to spend a lot of time practicing open water swimming. While my training wasn't crazy, towards the end it was typically 60-90 minutes a day. Finding that time wasn't easy, but I am so grateful Jake was always cooperative to help with kids and encourage me to go without feeling guilty. I can't wait...I'm doing one of these again in September!
4 comments:
That is SO AWESOME! I'm way impressed with all the training and how well you did on your race. Great job!
Okay, you ARE superwoman!! SO cool. I'm so impressed, Nicki--that's so amazing!
You seriously rock girl. And those pictures are DARLING!!! I'm so proud of you. :)
CONGRATS!!!! That is so super awesome Nick! Wow!!
Post a Comment