
This morning, both of my kids were very proud that they have learned The Chicken Dance in school. They had actually even learned a way to remember which action to do with each part of the song. Really. It was obvious they had been taught from the same source (we have an excellent, "award winning" educator in PE at our school) This is a very foundational, important skill here in the great state of Wisconsin. I remember when I rented chocolate fountains, they did the polka at every wedding. At one wedding in particular, I mentioned to someone how amazed I was that everyone knew how to dance the polka. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "but didn't you learn how to do the polka in gym?". Uhhhh, no. I guess I went to a second-rate school. In gym we learned dodge ball, kickball, softball...I must have missed polka day.
2 comments:
Hahahahahaha! That is amazing!! Oh Wisconsin...
Avery learned the chicken dance at school too. Reminds me of that video Linda posted of her son Carter singing that song "Mcdonalds, McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and a Pizza Hut." that he learned at school.:)
Post a Comment