For all of my mommy friends, just know that it could be worse.
Your kids (and mine) act up. We all have good and not so good days.
Yesterday, I was shopping in Target. Let me make it clear, I have become one of the most non-judgemental people on the planet when it comes to parenting and kids. Honestly, when I see kids (or moms) misbehaving in the store, I usually turn away so that they're not embarrassed and assume the best. Sometimes I share a sympathetic smile or offer to help.
Anyway, I was checking out and noticed a dad in the lane next to me with two boys. In the time we were in line, his son (who appeared to be about four), ran over to the snack counter, climbed up on the counter, grabbed a very large soda cup, climbed down, ran over the the Icee machine, and proceeded to fill up his cup. Dad was 100% clueless, worrying about checking out I guess.
I stopped myself from saying anything. I just walked out of the store. I felt grateful, and maybe a little smug, and I was laughing (but just little chuckles). I didn't even stay to see what happened when dad found him. I imagine that it wouldn't have been as climatic as it would have been if were one of my kids...the kid seemed pretty practiced and I don't think it was the first time he'd done it.
All I could think was, thank goodness. It could be worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment