On Good Friday, we went to an awesome store, Cake and Bake, where the kids frosted their own cakes for Easter. It was very reasonably priced, and it was awesome to be able to be that kind of mom that I want to be (the kind that pulls out frosting, tips, sprinkles, jelly beans, etc. and goes wild with her kids). Alas, I long to be that mom, but I hate the mess…the hours of prep, and time consuming clean up…all for a few minutes of “decorating”. Anyways, here, they had premade little cakes with a simple white buttercream frosting. The kids piped on frosting and added jimmies, sprinkles, and jelly beans. A pipe cleaner completed the project, making the cake look like a little Easter basket. This week, I’m going back for some mommy time at Cake and Bake. As long as I’ve lived here, I’ve decorated cakes with basics found at Joann and Michaels. The selection has been “very poor” at best. Cake and Bake is AMAZING. They have every kind/color of sprinkles, jimmies, and sugar you can desire. They have tons of cookie cutters and frosting tips. They have PREMADE frosting, fondant, and frozen cookie dough. Be still my heart. Sadie’s birthday is this weekend, I’m hoping to full off something fun.
2 comments:
I long to be that kind of mom, too! That looks so fun, I bet your kids will always remember doing it! Those are the types of things I miss having around. There's definitely no Cake and Bake in Morocco....
You look amazing Nicki!
Post a Comment