UPDATES! Coming soon to a blog near you. I'm back. In fact, I never was gone. We had a fabulous summer. Now, the kids are back in school and I'm back to doing something other than kids.
I love my kids. We had a wonderful, memorable summer together. I miss my kids when they go to school. However, this year, with THREE in school in the afternoon (and one at home that takes an afternoon nap) I have to say, I AM LOVING IT. I'm getting to cleaning that I haven't done in months, I'm feeling like I'm doing better at being a decent friend, I'm showering everyday (too much information!), I'm keeping up my with responsibilities at church (trying)....all and all, I'm a better mom. When my kids are home, I feel like I am more able to BE THERE, 100%. When they get home, for the most part, the laundry is done, the floor is swept, the dishes are done...I'm not trying to do all of these things while listening to them, resolving their arguments, cleaning up after them, answering their questions, laughing at their "jokes", fixing them snacks, etc. I feel like I'm doing better at all of the other things that come with being a mom, and also being a better mom.
This picture is of our latest urban outdoor adventure. I love (and miss) the mountains and hiking and escaping in the great outdoors. I love to watch my kids explore and learn. So, we went for a little "hike" on a VERY urban trail...looking for butterflies. We didn't find butterflies, but it was really fun to be somewhere where the kids could explore and walk a bit ahead of me or a bit behind without me being worried about losing track of them. That kind of independence can be hard to find in most of the places we go. It was wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment