Sunday, September 25, 2011

JUNE 2011–Chicago


I’m not into blogging this way.  I feel that in blogging by month, I miss the day-to-day funny things that happen.  I miss the goofy things that the kids say and do.  I don’t get to share as much of my random thoughts.  However, I’ve the memory of a goldfish, and I can barely remember last week, let alone June.  We’ll have to continue to let the pictures do the talking.
The day that I ran my half marathon (on the south side of Chicago), we went afterwards to the Museum of Science and Industry.  The dads took the kids to the museum while we finished our race; they we all met there at the end.  I think it was a really great museum, though I’m not totally clear on that.  I was dead tired and getting ready to puke all the way on the ride home.  I wanted to be all super-mom, like “yeah, I just ran a half marathon, and I haven’t even showered, but I’m totally up for a day at the museum”.  Maybe, had I not had heat exhaustion.
040
044
They had this really cool area for kids with balls.  Sadie is putting a ball into a tube that sucks it up through the pipes and drops it into the river (picture above).  It was really wet and messy, the kids loved it.
054
Same same.  Jack found a car.  Vroom.  Vroom.  Some kids wake up and say “momma”.  Jack wakes up (then and now) and says “ca, car, vroom, vroom”.  They say that kids say the words of the things that are most important to them.  Guess I’m second class.
DSC04152061
I’m no engineer, but I do love to see how things work.  On one side of this exhibit, you can see into the side of a combine harvester and see how it works.  Climb the stairs and hop into the cab, where you can pretend to drive (there is fake corn in front of the combine harvester, and a huge big screen of driving through corn).  Kids loved the “tractor”.  I loved watching.

No comments: