Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Last Day of School/Graduation

I just read the blog post of another friend who is spending her October recapping June. Whew. I'm not alone in my lack of blogging. The first few pictures here are of Brooklyn's Kindergarten graduation. I wish I'd had my real camera, I ended up just using my phone. The last pictures are of the last day of school. Here from October, I remember two things vividly about that day. First, it was cold. Pull out the fleece kind of cold. Laugh at the tent that the PTA rented to shade the kids and supply water/Popsicles for the last day of school party, and secretly wish they were handing out hot chocolate (not exaggerating). Second, Jackson had his first breath-holding spell. Never seen one of those? I hadn't, I almost called the paramedics. I was loading up Jackson into the car. He HATES the car and didn't want to get in his seat. He started to scream and as he drew in his breath to cry, he just kept drawing in. I kept waiting for him to breath, as he turned blue. His eyes started to shake, then rolled back in his head, and he passed out. He quickly returned to consciousness, much less angry and very tired. It was terrifying. I couldn't get in touch with Jake. It was a phone call to my pediatrician friend and my own pediatrician that pulled me off the fence and kept me from calling an ambulance. Now, it's just Jackson. It's something he does when he gets really upset. I still hate it, some times its worse than others and I still find myself wanting to call for help. Hopefully, he'll just outgrow it.

Otherwise, the last day of school was a fun, tearful day. The kids had a hard time saying goodbye to their friends and teachers. I was proud of them and the year that we had and all we accomplished!

IMG_0226
IMG_0227
001
003
006
DSC04175
075

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ha! I know you are talking about me! I'm glad that I can help you feel better about the lack of blogging. I always have the best intentions and then other things come up. It's always good to hear what's going on in the Morton home though!