Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sad Happy Birthday






Today was Ty's birthday, and it was kind of a sad one. We decided to meet Jared and Katelin and their kidlets at StoneFire Pizza. We were very excited. So, we get there and while we were waiting in line for them to open; Ty was running all over the place. I'm standing with the other kids and hear someone from the back of the line saying "Nicki Morton!". I go to the back to hear Ty screaming. I turn the corner and Jake is holding him and there is blood everywhere. Naturally, I freak out. Most everyone around us is freaking out, we're the center of attention...everyone is asking what happened...offering to call 911. Apparently, Ty was running and tripped and cracked his head on the corner of a door. His head was split probably 1 1/2 inches all the way to his cute little skull (which I got to see). Anyway, we handed off Brooklyn to the other Mortons and while they celebrated Ty's b-day we went to the ER. Two hours and seven stitches later, Ty is feeling fine. We were going to go back for pizza, but he was exhausted from crying. He actually did really good. He only cried when it first happened and then when they strapped him into the papoose (I would cry too, I'll post pictures). He was super brave and eager to say "bye" and thank the nurses when we left. He was most excited to show Brooklyn his "ticket" (the bracelet on his arm from the ER) and head home for a nap. Poor Ty Guy. What a rotten birthday. We're all recovering now...I'm not sure if it was more traumatic for mom or for Ty. I cried with him when they stitched him up. It was so cute, at first he was singing Old McDonald with me while the papoose was on. They he freaked out as they started the stitching. However, for a few sweet mintues whil they were stitching him up the room was silent as I sang "Jesus Loves the Little Children" to him. Kids are precious...so hard to watch them get hurt! Pictures are coming...my computer hates me.

2 comments:

Linda said...

ER trips are not fun, I am so sorry! Doesn't it just break your heart? I hope he has a better one next year(birthday, not ER trip)!

Anonymous said...

Poor Ty Guy! That is so sad. What a rotten birthday! That sounds like something Jake would have had happen to him as a kid. I can't believe it went clear down to his skull, and you could see it. Yikes! That's traumautizing for a mommy! Poor kid, I'm glad he's doing better!

I'm so glad that you sent me your blog address, I've been wondering what it is. I'm pretty much a blog stalker, I love reading peoples blogs and have several I check out, and I now I have yours, yay!