Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The True Cost of MPM "Free" Day

So, just as a warning, for my fellow thrifty moms; Milwaukee Public Museum "free" days for residents on Mondays are not actually free...if you could the real costs...
1. $8.00 for parking in the parking structure...surely had we braved parking on the street we would have paid a parking meter and risked life and limb getting into the museum
3. $2.50 ATM fee to get cash so I can get out of the parking lot...puntitive damages getting my kids back into the museum to find an ATM, say $2.00 worth of headache?
2. $1.00 extra parking fee incurred when the parking payment machine was rejecting everyone's credit cards and I had to find the afore mentioned ATM...add some damages here for personal humiliation of running several cards and having them all declined.
4. $3.99 price to replace die cast "Lightning McQueen" -- Ty's one sacred, can't live without it toy -- that was lost in the mayhem that was getting back to the museum
5. $2.00 for a small diet Coke and a few chocolate chip cookies to serve to calme me down so that my kids and I can make it through the rest of the day...again, we're not even talking about the damage that was really done, just the actual money that came out of my account...I'm still recovering!

ACTUAL COST OF A FREE TRIP TO THE MUSEUM $17.49...PLUS PUNITIVE DAMAGES!

Girls, it was good to see those of you who were there...wish I could have talked more, but as you all know; not only was getting OUT of the museum a fiasco, but getting through the museum was not a good thing for my kidlets. Brooklyn was going one way, Ty was running the other...oh goodness, we need SPRING and grass and swings and parks and somewhere to run where I don't have to chase!

No comments: