Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Butterin' Both Sides of the Bread
So, Sadie went to the GI (gastrointestinal) clinic today. Again, our main concern is the lack of growth and weight gain; as well as developmental delays with gross motor skills. For right now, we're just starting with the basics. That being, adding more calories to what she is already eating. She's not a super huge eater, so we struggle. But I literally had a dietician telling me to add butter and canola oil to her baby food; don't have her eat food like cereal for finger foods (avocado and cheese are more bang for the bite); and have her eat Carnation Instant Breakfast with whole milk rather than formula. I guess the thought is right now, with the dietcian and the GI specialist, is to get her eating more calories and see if we can get her to gain weight. If not, I guess we may have to look at other issues. Until then, the dietcian recommends any and all high-calorie foods, including pudding, mac n cheese, ice cream...are you kidding. If I could pack whatever Sadie has in a bottle; I'd be a millionaire. When was the last time you went the doctor and were told that you needed to eat more fat; the more the better? Where did I go wrong that my kid went right? I smell that stuff and it goes to my hips...SO, I am disappointed that we STILL don't have "answers" persay. But, the GI specialist said it is hard to distingish exactly what is going on in a baby with gross motor delays and eating problems. Which one causes which? How are they related? Hard to say. Good news. When we went to the physical therapist today (we haven't been for 3 weeks) she noticed differences. Yea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good news and bad news sounds like, that's gotta be frustrating! Best wishes with everything!!
Post a Comment