So, I spoiled this for anyone at book club tonight...but my kids are so funny. We had quite a day.
First, Brooklyn. A few days ago she saw Jake take a quarter out of my purse to "pay" Brooklyn for doing her "chores". I gave him a bad time about it because it was from my emergency mommy treat fund; I NEVER carry cash. We went back and forth with some teasing and I didn't think anything of it. Then today, returning home from visiting teaching, Brooklyn says; "Mommy, do you know why Daddy has to work so many days?"...Hmmm, what do you think? "Mommy, he has to make lots of money for you to spend because when you were naughty Daddy took away your money and gave it to me for doing my jobs". Oh wow, please don't repeat that kind of stuff.
Then, there's my Ty. We bought new sandals today. Emphasis on SAND. Shortly after, we went to the park. Ty stopped dead in his tracks as he walked onto the sand in the playground. He was stunned as he felt the sand on his toes. He just looked helplessly up at Jake and I and said, "stuck". It took him awhile to get used to the idea of SANDals.
No comments:
Post a Comment