




We've been doing a lot of work out in the yard. I'm not sure what order the pictures are in. The first project was "trimming" the lilacs. We had these stately, massive, awful lilacs trees. They were as tall as our house and probably ten feet wide. They were huge. I started with a hand saw...and they met their demise when Jake let me use an electric saw. We'll see how they recover. Jake and Jared shared in the fun of playing with power tools when they took down two trees in the yard. We took out a pear tree, that was dead; and a pine tree that was killing the grass. Later, Brian helped Jake move a big stump into my flower garden, to be used as a seat. I think the only other pictures here are of my azalea that I bought for mothers day (it's got beautiful blooms right now) and my "square foot" garden. We'll see how that turns out. The book that I learned about SF gardens claims it will be more manageable, but also still produce a lot of veggies. We'll see....
1 comment:
Hey! I love reading your blogs! I don't use the address that you have for me anymore. My new blog address is jamieandlaurie.blogspot.com
Come over and see us!
Post a Comment