My son is driving me nuts. We went to the park today after I picked him up from Chaplins'(he went there while the other two came with me to the doctor, thanks Linda!) He wouldn't get out of the van without his Cars. I dragged him, kicking and screaming, several times to the play area. (What a mean mom!) He would just go back to the van, lie on the pavement, and cry. "Chick, King, Chick, King..." I tried time out with Chick and King in the van...that just made him more mad. So, I did what any good mom would do and I gave in. But, I only let him pick one. He chose Chick. I had fought letting him bring a toy because I have three kids, and that's enough for me to keep track of. I can't keep track of die-cast cars too. Well, Chick suffered the same fate as Lighting McQueen1, Lightning McQueen2, and Lightning McQueen3. He was lost (or stolen). Brooklyn and Tyler both cried all the way home...they didn't get why someone had taken Chick and wouldn't call me to give it back. Lesson learned...wait, probably not.
Good thing he's still super cute. We're recovering from being sick (and spoiled). He had a double ear infection last week and got the royal treatment (Brooklyn got in trouble for looking at him, he slept with Mom in her big bed while Dad slept on the couch, he got everything he wanted...) Anyway, while he was sick, I was up in the middle of the night with him trying to cool off a fever of 104 plus and get him back to sleep. He was really out of it and was pretty much lethargic. I was trying to calm him by singing "Old MacDonald" (his favorite). I knew Ty was still Ty and we weren't headed to the ER when I was singing about Old MacDonald's pig and said "oink, oink". I heard Ty quietly insist, "no oink oink" and he snorted to make sure I had the animal noise right. He was also quick to tell me what animal/object he wanted to sing about next (Old MacDonald is pretty sophisicated in Ty's world, and on his farm he has a racecar, an airplane, a train...)
No comments:
Post a Comment