Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bribery Pays

Bribery pays, on both sides.

On Friday, we were all at McDonald's, "celebrating" that Brooklyn and Ty did well on their report cards.

Midway through the meal, Ty says, "Mom, I need to go potty". I don't believe in public restrooms. Ugh. Kids and public restrooms are awful. Kids touch EVERYTHING...it all feels so germy. I barely survived that stage when we were going through potty training and had to try every potty in town. I avoid potty stops when I can.

Anyways, I quickly responded: "We are almost done. If you can hold it until we get home, I'll give you a quarter.". He agrees. Smartie Sadie then says: "I need to go potty too, can I have a quarter?" "Yes, but only if you don't pee your pants". Ty then counters: "what do I get if I pee my pants?"

Jake and I both laughed. SO HARD.

Fortunately, in the end, for fifty cents, I avoided the McD's bathroom altogether. Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is so funny! I hope the kids are all doing well. : )