Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Ty!

This year, for Ty’s birthday, I wasn’t feeling like being a “good” mom and doing a big party at my house.  Having added the stress of having eight boys running around my house to the cost of the average at home birthday party, I decided we could afford to go somewhere fun instead.  I gave Ty SEVERAL options on SEVERAL occasions, the unanimous decision was Chuck-E-Cheese.  I think he’s just a sucker for the awesome marketing for Chuck-E-Cheese that he sees on TV; this coming from the kid who insists on using Colgate Total toothpaste, because it “protects your mouth from germs for 12 hours”.    Anyways, it’s not that Chuck-E-Cheese is inherently bad, it’s just so dang corny. 

I gave in, as you can see.  Ty loved it and his little friends thought it was fantastic.  Who am I to think that it’s kinda lame?  In actuality, it was a great party.  They did a wonderful job of putting on a show and making Ty feel special; at the same time, his guests also were able to have fun running around using up tokens and eating pizza.  I don’t know if I would do it again, but I certainly didn’t regret it.  Happy 5th birthday Ty!

DSC03800

 

DSC03802

DSC03809

DSC03813

No comments: