I guess due to the fact that I was a nerd-bomber growing up, I didn’t really like St. Patricks Day. I remember it was always hard to find something green to wear; I was terrified of being pinched. I don’t know if it’s the change in the times, or living in the Midwest, but it’s different here. They dye the river green in Chicago; beer, of course, is dyed green everywhere…wannabe Milwaukee has a parade like Chicago. At any rate, I think it’s a fun thing for my kids. This year, we tried building a leprechan trap. The past few years, we’ve had a sneaky leprechan that manages to get into our fridge and dye our milk green on St. Patty’s Day. We wanted to put it to a stop this year. Sadly, we didn’t catch him and he still got to our milk. The kids are STILL talking about how to rebuild a better “trap” next year.
1 comment:
I LOVE this. You are so creative and fun! And yes, St. Patrick's Day suddenly seemed like a fun holiday to put effort into starting about when I lived in Milwaukee too...maybe it's something in the river water...
Do you like how I'm reading this in May? Better late than never.
Post a Comment