Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sanity Savers

Yeah, I’m behind on my blog; but I do have a few things to show for it.  Crafting has become a sanity saver for me.  I swear, the last few months I have been busier than normal and had less time.  I find myself crafting amid screaming children, piles of messy dishes, stacks of dirty laundry…yeah, it’s bad.  But there is something about taking some time to do something that I want to do that makes it all worth it.  403

I LOVE the blog “Our Best Bites” and I’ve been working my way through their new cookbook.  I keep thinking about “Julia and Julia”….

336

This ribbon wreath wasn’t quite what I had in mind…I bought a flat particle board wreath form.  I liked that it would end up flatter and fit better on my door when the screen door is closed.  I also liked that it was cheap and kept me on budget.  However, I’m a lame brain.  I didn’t buy enough ribbon, so I was only able to cover half.  Besides, my fingers were beyond burned out from the hot glue that I used to secure the ribbon.  NEXT time, I will use a straw wreath and floral pins, and forget being quite so thrifty. 

290

This cute Easter countdown was SUPER easy and SUPER cheap.  Dollar store eggs and grass.  Leftover egg carton.  A few alphabet stickers….I put a note inside of each with an Easter activity.  It was nice, because it allowed me to do all that I wanted to do with my kids (make an Easter craft, see the E. Bunny, make an Easter treat, go on an egg hunt); but allowed me to pace myself and take it over a few weeks.  The kids, of course, LOVED it.

291

 

Again, easy, cheap and pretty fast.  I recycled a frame that I wasn’t using and spray painted it black.  I used paper that I’m so not using from my scrapbooking stuff.  I googled the silhouettes of the chick and the bunny (you naïve internet users out there, beware of googling “chick silhouette”).  Used the pictures from online and cut out siloettes with black cardstock.  Seriously, one hour tops on this one.  

295

Okay, I’m a bad blogger if I don’t give credit due here.  I’m loving this subway art trend.  I found this here, and printed it out at Costco.  Again, recycled frame, made new with my friend Mr. Black Spray Paint.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Holy crafts Batman! You are kicking some trash at this spring/Easter crafting business. Nice work. I MISSSSS YOU!!!!