Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Halloween

DSC03271

DSC03302

 

I can’t even post the words “Happy Halloween” without thinking of my favorite annoying decoration that met it’s demise this year.  We had this scarecrow from a sample sale at Kohls that sang and danced.  He would say “Happy Halloween”; then sing and dance to the tune of MC Hammer’s “Can’t Touch This”; then he said “Trick or Treat”.  Lame.  It drove me nuts.  I have only hung onto it because we have had it since Brooklyn was almost one year old, and the kids adore it.  Now I associate MC Hammer with Halloween.  And now, the decoration is broken.  Sigh.  Mixed feelings on that.  Anyways, my “baby” Brooklyn wanted to be a “flower fairy”.  I made her this crown.  The costume as a whole wasn’t the vision I had seen, but she liked it enough and it was super simple.  Brooklyn’s school has a fun tradition.  A few kids from the high school band come to the school and the entire elementary school “marches” a few blocks around our neighborhood in their costumes with the marching band leading the parade.  Fun, cool tradition; we came and joined her and we marched right past our house.

DSC03299

 

DSC03277

Very early on, Ty saw a TV show on Nick Jr. and decided he wanted to be a “very scary vampire” with “gooey teeth”.  This is what we ended up with.  To be honest, I’m not really big on scary and bloody and gorey for Halloween.  We tried to do enough “scary” to keep Ty happy; but enough “cute” to keep him rated G.

 

DSC03322

 

DSC03308

Sadie was an adorable cowgirl.  “The rootenest tootenest cowgirl in the wild wild west”.  Yeah, I admit, I wanted her to be a cowgirl (I love Jessie from Toy Story) and it worked that she agreed a cowgirl would be fun. 

DSC03320

I have a few more pictures to come.  I was hiding out and blogging kid-free.  The kids found me.   Aren’t the expressions on the picture above funny?  This, surprisingly, was the best shot we had.

No comments: